Sunday, June 04, 2006

Family burns to death in shack fire

A family of three burnt to death after their shack caught fire in Muvhango informal settlement next to Vanderbijlpark on Sunday night, Vaal Rand police said.

Muvhango residents were woken by a screaming Joseph Tsholo, 38, his wife Veronica, 35 and three-year-old daughter Tiisetso just before midnight, spokesperson Captain William Mcera said on Monday."We believe the fire was caused by a paraffin stove that they might have left burning when going to sleep. They were trapped inside the shack and called for help.

Their neighbours tried to put out the fire, but they eventually called the police on realising that the flames were too strong," Mcera said. - SAPA

No comments:

InternAfrica is a not-for-profit organisation addressing the Cape Habitat Crisis through education of sustainable green building methods as demonstrated here on HouseIT